I thank God, that I am doing much better than I was this time last year. However, I still have a long way way to go to be where I want to be financially.
Big financial lesson learned this week - working at a non-profit - our retirement plan is an annuity which will be great when I retire to have the guaranteed money. However, what is even better is that my employer chips in 6% while I chip in 4% for a total annual savings of 10% of my salary.
Downside of an annuity retirement plan - you cannot buy individual stocks. Unfortuantely I do not have liquid assets so I cannot take advantage of the great stock buys out there right now - like Ford Motor company for $5.07 a share. Now imagine buying 100 shares and watch it shoot back up to $15 or $20 a share
So my goal is to continue to reduce my debt, increase my cash flow and open a Roth IRA which someone finally explained to me in a way I understand.